Lots of exciting happenings at the FRC!
As our services continue to grow, we have expanded our Therapeutic Counseling Program to another building which will be called the “Annex!” It is located at the Franklin House on the campus of First Presbyterian Church in Clarkesville (see map). The address is 191 Jefferson Street, Clarkesville. We’d like to thank the members of First Presbyterian Church for partnering with us so that we are able to reach more adults and children who have experienced childhood adversities and are in need of therapeutic counseling! See pictures of the Annex transformation!
Preparing the building for use was a big job and we are very grateful for the many volunteers and businesses who contributed to this special project. Here are just a few:
- Blake Rainwater and Associates donated paint supplies and paint.
- The Tallulah Falls Chapter of Citizens of Georgia Power donated more paint and gave extra financial support besides.
- Alice Hoag, one of our Counselors, brought a great group of friends from Riverpoint Church to spend a whole Saturday painting.
- Juan Paramo and his crew (Citizens of Georgia Power) took time off of their regular jobs to spend four days at the Annex, painting the WHOLE place, top to bottom- including lots of trim!
- Zane Stewart of McGahee-Griffin and Stewart Funeral Home donated numerous furniture pieces to help fill our counseling rooms and classrooms.
Amazing! We are so thankful and very blessed! Thank-you everyone!