We are looking for qualified candidates to apply for a new position as our Parent Educator. Please see job description for minimum job requirements based on funding sources’ guidelines. Deadline to receive cover letters and resumes is September 25th.
Job Title: Parent Educator
Location: Prevent Child Abuse Habersham’s Family Resource Center
Status: Full-time, Salary, Non-exempt
Under direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Parent Educator will teach evidence-based parenting educational programs universally to caregivers of children in a community outreach capacity as well as facilitate First Steps visits at Habersham Medical Center. Additional program support to advocate for family’s needs and align them with area resources. Empower families to use positive parenting methods while coaching them as they learn new methods of discipline strategies, behavior management, family wellness, and life skills. Develop contacts and collaborate with partnering agencies in an effort to provide services in conjunction with community needs. Support the mission and goals of the Family Resource Center and work cohesively with staff, volunteers, and board of directors.
Position Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, mental health, sociology, psychology and experience in a related human service field required by federal funding source.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as primary caregiver of child(ren).
- Knowledge and skill working with diverse populations.
- Ability to work two evenings each week and occasionally some hours on weekends required.
- Bi-lingual Spanish strongly preferred.
- Display a positive, outgoing and flexible professional demeanor and be resourceful, non-judgmental and tactful in dealing with both children and adults.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from parents and community members.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence, input data and maintain accurate records.
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and other quality assurance activities.
- Passionate, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Must be willing to undergo background check, drug testing. TB test, and other required program training which may require overnight travel.
- Must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license and have a clean DMV report.
- Willing to sign a 3-year contract of employment due to cost of training in Triple-P curriculum.
Responsibilities and Personal Characteristics
- Successfully complete required training.
- Receive family referrals from community partners and from the general public.
- Maintain a consistent knowledge of services and other resources available to families within the community.
- Establish a flow of information among community service partners to facilitate access to services for parents of all ages and all ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and to reduce/eliminate duplication of services.
- Provide community outreach activities to inform public of agency programs and services.
- Complete intake assessments, participation agreements and exit assessments with each enrolled family.
- Facilitate ongoing group parenting classes and provide individual family coaching session in accordance with the curriculum and family’s needs.
- Facilitate and/or partner with professional organizations to provide life skills workshops.
- Mentor and support parents that attend Parent Café.
- Administer First Steps Screens with parents at Habersham Medical Center.
- Maintain adequate program supplies for First Steps and parenting classes.
- Assist in operating programs within budget and securing funds as needed.
- Work cooperatively with Georgia First Steps and with coordinators from other First Steps sites across Georgia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 9/25/18.