The Family Resource Center is our community’s go-to place for parent education and support to help strengthen families in their ability to raise healthy children. We are a family’s partner as they make their way along the challenging journey of parenthood.
Conveniently located in downtown Clarkesville, our home provides a classroom to learn nurturing parenting principles and proven strategies. We provide educational programs, guidance, supervised visitation, therapeutic counseling and links to community resources as families strive to be more competent and self-sufficient. And now we have expanded our services with another location at the “Annex,” thanks to our new partnership with the First Presbyterian Church of Clarkesville.
What do we do?
We make sure children are loved and nurtured by providing parents with the education, support and resources to raise well-adjusted, productive future adults.
How do we accomplish this?
We provide an array of services and activities that are integrated, comprehensive, flexible and responsive to community-identified needs.
How you can get involved:
We all have a role to play in making sure that families in our community are thriving and that all children are loved and nurtured. There are many areas of need where your help can make a huge difference. Click on the blue button to let us know how you’d like to get involved. Here are just a few ideas:
- Volunteer for one of our community events
- Work as a receptionist at our facility
- Help with gardening or maintenance at our facility
- Keep up-to-date by visiting our website regularly
- Like our posts on Facebook
- Sign up for regular e-mails from us to keep informed
- Advocate for family friendly policies in Georgia
- Donate your time or money
- Have your business sponsor one of our events
- Support our mission